Thursday, August 09, 2012

I LIKED THAT BAND BEFORE IT WAS COOL

Every time I think about you my stomach starts into twisting
and I feel a little nauseous.
And when I know you're wrong, my adrenaline starts kicking in and up.
I wanna tell you "you are wrong, you are dumb, you are the biggest douche,
you douche the city 'til it floods."
Maybe with more eloquent phrasing.
But even if I did, you'd somehow find a way to cut me up and down
With one dirty look,
With one thoughtless snear.
You would take me back to that year.
You would make me feel the things I felt
When I didn't hate your face.
You'd make me feel small and stupid, attention craving,
virginal, and uncool.
So I keep it all in my head, my thoughts on the matter of you.
I let my stomach twist and the adrenaline mildew.
Sometimes silence is easier than what's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment