Friday, January 27, 2006

WATCHING THE STARS DIE

You and I should sit and watch the stars die
Watch them burn away with me.
I know you have your inconsistencies
But you can be so very sweet
And I want you and I to watch time fade together.
We have so much more in common
When the world is inky black
Our souls they inky match
When we lie beneath the universe
And contemplate our existence.
I love it when you and I watch the stars die.
I can almost hear them weep
I can almost hear them scream
As I listen too intently
To the silence that lies so heavily between us.
Yes, the universe disdains our inconsistent ways
But we can be so very sweeet.
And I want you and I to watch time fade together.
I want us to watch the stars die forever.
Please, let's watch them burn away,
Come burn it all away with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment